Monday 1 October 2012

The Lord Mayor's Show 2012 - Poster

So here it is - I can finally show you the poster I was working on over the whole of the summer!

It's fair to say that quite a lot of it is bizarre and surreal - but that completely works with papercutting so no problem there!

My brief was to show the Guildhall surrounded by a parade of characters.  Some of them are the traditional uniformed folk that accompany the Lord Mayor on his annual parade.  Others were specifically requested - such as Dick Whittington, a pianist, a snake, a pig, chickens, people dressed as fish, a thistle.  And others were of my own choice - such as the Pearly King and Queen and the chap dressed in a canoe costume.  Plus much much more!  Take your time and have a browse around!


5 comments:

  1. OOh how fantastic Suzy! Such a lot to catch the eye...I expect each tube traveller will have their own fave and be able to find something new on each journey!
    Congratulations on such an amazing work of art and hope its the first of many public commissions!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ali. I hope people take the time to look at it properly! Suzy x

      Delete
  2. Yay! I'm going to have to take a trip into London just to go poster spotting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats again from Florida. I looked up the Lord Mayor's Show and learned about some English history. Great poster.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful poster. Any idea of how I might be able to get hold of a copy?
    Geraint

    ReplyDelete