Wednesday 13 July 2011

Hello - I'm back!

Hello.  It's been nearly a month since my accident and I'm feeling much more human again.  The whiplash is still bothering me quite a bit, but I've been told it's a lengthy recovery for that, so I'll just have to be patient.

Last week was the Summer Boutique pop-up for We Make London at The Oak Studio in Hampstead.  A lady bought the original framed papercut of my "Life is Good" piece - so that was pretty exciting.  I also ran a workshop there on Wednesday night which was really fun.  I particularly want to thank Mary at We Make for  being so super organised and generally very fab!  The crafts journalist, Clare Kelly, also attended and she'll be writing a review of the workshop for the Course Notes feature for the online magazine, From Britain With Love.  So I'm looking forward to reading that when she posts it up.

Also I was able to run another workshop at The Make Lounge in Islington last night.  I'm really enjoying the teaching and the results that people come away with are really fantastic - especially as pretty much all of them have hardly ever used a craft knife before. Unfortunately I only had my mobile to take photos with as I forgot my camera, but you can still see their great results.  Fab group of women - there was much laughing going on!

Looking forward to the next one this Saturday.  If you're interested in participating, there are still a few places left on Tuesday 19th July (pm) and Saturday 23rd July(am).

Here are the pictures from The Make Lounge workshop


5 comments:

  1. OMG....I just read your last post....I had no idea. You poor thing. I'm so glad to hear your much better. I wonder how the hell that lady smashed into your car, especially if it is a quiet street. Those stupid policeman. There should be an enquiry into that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anna. It's been a bit of a trauma, but hopefully things can only improve. Moving house in 2 weeks too! Yikes!!!

    Suzy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suzy,
    It was lovely to meet you at this class, which was absolutely briliant - fun AND productive! I was so inspired that I have already made another paper cut illustration, and am now a big fan of your work. Thank you so much,

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah - thanks so much Zoe. It was a really fun evening - a really good group! I'd love to see how you're progressing so if you get a chance, please email me your work. Always available for any questions! Keep in touch.

    Suzy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are back and creating your amazing art again.
    Ali ;-)

    ReplyDelete